100% Pure Premium Beeswax Candles

beeswax votive candles in glass votive holders
Big Moon Beeswax pure beeswax is sourced directly from Pacific Northwest beekeepers and filtered naturally, without chemicals.

What does 100% Pure Beeswax really mean?

100% Pure Beeswax means the beeswax has not been blended with less expensive waxes like palm, soy, or paraffin.   

It also means that no chemicals of any kind have been added, such as: preservatives, UV stabilizers,  dyes or fragrances. 

The marketing term "Pure Beeswax", has been defined by the industry to mean not less than 51% Beeswax. The other 49% can be paraffin or another blend of inexpensive wax. 

If a candle does not state that it is "100% Pure Beeswax," it’s very likely been blended with other waxes that include additives.

Big Moon Beeswax uses only 100 percent pure beeswax in our candles.

The Highest Quality Wax of all Candles

Beeswax is the only wax in the world that does not have to be made in a factory. It is made in a beehive by bees.

The availability of beeswax is naturally limited, and therefore more expensive than other candle waxes that are mass produced in factories. 

After the beekeeper gently filters the beeswax, removing the honey and propolis, the wax is ready to make candles. This process does not include any harsh chemicals or detergents. It does not need to be blended or altered in any way to make a candle.  

Big Moon Beeswax candles are naturally scented from propolis, pollen, honey, pure beeswax

The Natural Scent of 100% Pure Beeswax

The natural sweet honey fragrance in 100% pure beeswax come from the honey that was stored in the honeycomb.

Other candles use fragrances to create a mood, but these candles can also emit harmful carcinogens and toxins due to the chemicals used in making the fragrance.

That Brilliant, Beautiful Flame

Beeswax has one of the highest melting points of all candle wax, which burns much longer than any other candle wax. The high melt point also emits a hotter flame, resulting in the brilliant glow of 100% pure beeswax candles. This hotter flame produces a cleaner burn, which is virtually smoke and soot free.